Lead Clinical Partner - Technical Support Specialist
Manassas, VA 20109
Tel Aviv, Israel
Role: Lead Clinical Partner
Reporting to International Technical Support Manager (IL), the Lead Clinical Partner and Technical Support Specialist will facilitate and coordinate the daily clinical trial activities and provide guidance on the administration of the program. This role plays a critical role in the overall success of program development. The Lead works in conjunction with the Lead Clinical Partner (US) and the International Technical Support Manager (IL) to manage the day-to-day clinical operations activities, overseeing and executing on all patient and program tasks. The Lead is responsible for developing the knowledge and skills of the team to support the business objectives and deliver quality services that exceed customers’ expectations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all virtual patient interactions in clinical studies outside North America in coordination with clinical trial management.
- Maintains strict protocol requirements and scheduling of patient calls to meet study sponsors’ and management expectations.
- Builds relationships with patients, virtually, to provide an excellent patient experience and deliver high clinical trial subject retention rates.
- Identifies efficiency opportunities to improve the overall patient experience.
- Refines processes, work instructions, and call scripts to deliver the optimal experience.
- Responsible for accurate and timely status reporting related to the program, including inventory tracking, call volumes, and other program management activities.
- Triages patient issues to appropriate support area for timely resolution.
- Collects and manages patient data in adherence with protocols and standards.
- Ensures all documentation in systems is timely, secure, and accurate.
- Develops materials and tools necessary to continually improve the program in both a study setting and commercialization.
- Creates and maintains documentation of all training materials and resources.
- Develops and monitors goals and objectives to deliver quality services.
Study Site Support
- Perform remote study site initiation
- Provide support to investigators and clinical staff in use of Home OCT viewer and notifications
- Support Clinical Product Manager in interactions with investigators
- Resolve technical problems reported by the patient by engaging with cross-functional internal stakeholders as needed
- Clearly communicate technical issues to allow thorough investigations and trend follow up
- Support US patient technical issues and investigations as needed
- Being a small company, Notal Vision expects all its employees to take ownership on additional tasks that are not necessary as part of the direct job description. Notal Vision values leading by example and using one’s experience and knowledge to advance topics per the company’s priorities
- Become effective using online translations services when working with non-English speaking patient
- Reports to International Technical Support Manager
- Works closely with Program Management Office, Clinical Trials team, Regulatory, Technical Support and R&D
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedicine or equivalent required and two years of previous experience such as customer service, administrative, or experience in a health care setting. preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in an ophthalmic medical office setting. Retina Specialist, Ophthalmology or Optometry office experience, preferred
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages: French, German, Spanish, preferred
- Have passport and can travel to the US, EU and UK for training and engagement purposes
- Demonstrates knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines for conducting clinical trials, preferred
- Medical terminology understanding, required
- Must have the ability to establish confidence and trust with patients
- Must have the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure or stress and provide empathy and compassion in difficult interpersonal situations
- Must have the ability to provide excellent customer service, communication, telephone, and grammar skills
- Experience working in a multicultural customer environment
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to perform as part of a team as well as work independently
- Strong time management skills and highly detail oriented
- Takes initiative on own and focused on continuous improvement
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is required to sit for a large part of the work day; continuously using a computer to document or to access information, as well as speaking with internal and/or external customers on the telephone; consistently use repetitive motions of the neck, shoulders, arms, elbows, hands, wrists and fingers while using a personal computer, electronic mouse, telephone headset, fax machines, computer keyboard, and other automated equipment; use hands and fingers to finger, handle, reach for, or feel papers and materials throughout the work day; commit to memory and repeat upon demand detailed information regarding product(s) and services; read from a computer monitor throughout the work day; close vision, the ability to focus, and color vision are required; disseminate to and solicit from customers and other staff detailed information; concentrate intensely for long periods of time.